Edgewood, a borough located 7 miles east from downtown Pittsburgh is a welcoming residential community comprised of just under 1 square mile. It combines tree-lined streets reminiscent of an old Pennsylvania town but the advantage of a location near the city of Pittsburgh.
Founded on December 1, 1888, it was designated a historical district by the Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation. Its historic landmarks include the Borough Building; the First Presbyterian Church of Edgewood; the Edgewood Community House which is home to both CC Mellor Memorial Library and the Edgewood Club; Memorial Park; Koenig Community Field and Field House; Edgewood Primary School and a historic train station. The Gardner-Bailey House is on the National Register of Historic Places.
The borough is also home to a Symphony Orchestra, composed of amateur volunteers from more than 40 communities and 4 countries.
Pittsburgh’s cultural and employment opportunities makes the Borough a progressive, family-oriented community as well as a great place to do business.